Welcome Family and Friends!

I hope you all enjoy my efforts here!

May 11, 2008

I brought home gold.....

On Friday, when I weighed in at Jenny Craig (207 lbs lost that day), they told me that next week they would be putting my pictures back up on the wall and to plan to be photographed next week for an updated picture to add. The office was re-painted recently, so they had to take down the pictures and story they had posted about me. While I was talking to them, I told them I wish I had those pictures to scan, so I could put them on my blog! Would you believe, they actually let me bring them home to scan. These pictures are like gold to me.

Some day I'd like to become, among many other things, a Jenny Craig National Spokesperson....they don't need the famous people, they need every day people like me, and I intend to convince them. However, I could never get that job if these pictures that show me at the begining and my progress going forward, get lost! So these pictures are the future advertising for Jenny Craig (in my dreams anyhow), and therefore they're like gold to me! They're also like gold to the center I go to, as they tell everyone about me and show it off. They like to use it as inspiration. It took me a couple of hours to scan them this evening, because of Murphy's Law at work and everything going wrong! I finally succeeded, although it's nearly midnight, and I got started around 9:00 p.m. So friends, families, Romans, countrymen (ok, I'm getting silly here), read on for the great unveling!

First up, we have pictures of me with the front and the side view, on the day I was brave enough to first set foot inside the Jenny Craig door. Notice, I have my oxygen tank at my feet. I'm holding the part that goes in my nose and around my ears, because I didn't want to be photographed tethered to oxygen. I clearly wasn't clicking into the fact that I'm getting full length pictures, making it impossible to hide my "oxygen habit".




Do you all remember that person? I surely do, The next pictures they have on the paper are from about 10 months later when I'd managed to lose 100 pounds. I wasn't at halfway yet, and speaking of halfway, I'm wondering where those pictures are, hmm. Anyhow, now you will see the pictures of me at 101 lb loss. I remember thinking how I'd lost so much weight, and yet now I can see I was still a pretty big lady!


Ok, now we are moving right along. Those of you that saw me during this period of time, does it look familiar? This next picture, they chose to add it randomly (didn't reach a specific date or target here, I'd just changed a bit and customers in the Jenny Craig Center were asking how I was doing and wanted to see an update. I can't remember exactly when it was taken. I figure somewhere between December 2007 to February 2008. I'll have to have them look in my chart next week and we can figure the date. They didn't do the side view here, for some reason.

I understand that although this was taken only about 14 lbs ago, that I look a lot different now. You can all look at the pictures I posted earlier last week and decide what you think! At least I now have pictures for everyone to see! I've got material for a couple of other posts running through my head today, however, in the interest of being able to wake up in the morning and go to work, I'm signing off for the night!

By the way, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with these pictures? I understand you should be able to click on the pictures to view a larger one. Hasn't happened for a single picture I've posted. So send me clues you photographers in the family and others who might know! :) Also, anyone who knows how to put smiley faces in here, vs the dash and parenthesis after the sentence before this one, please let me know! I have lots to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an amazing trasformation!! What allot of hard work. I did not know that you were on oxygen. Look how far you have come. I think it is amazing to hear also how you transformed on the inside as well. You are amazing to me, and an inspiration! I admire how hard you worked to get where you are. You are a beautiful person. I am sure you WILL be a spokesperson. You can do anything you put your mind to. You have proven that.